How does the Crosby Scholars Program assist middle school students?
- Offers academic and personal growth workshops
- Provides opportunities to participate in community service activities
- Exposes students to local college campuses and career exploration
- Encourages a drug-free lifestyle
- Provides annual recognition for students who complete program requirements
What is required of middle school Crosby Scholars each school year?
Crosby Scholar Academy provides an opportunity for students to participate in academic and personal enrichment workshops which may include: Note Taking Skills, Test Taking Skills, Building Self-Esteem, Anger Management, Time Management, and Goal Setting.
Community service or volunteer work during the academic school year may be completed individually or with a club or group at school, church, or in the community. Middle school Scholars are required to volunteer for 2 hours or more (5 hours recommended) and then submit a signed Community Service Form or verification of community service by the posted deadline. Forms signed by parents will not be accepted. Community Service Forms are available in school guidance offices or can be printed from the Forms tab on this website.
- Fulfill the terms of the Partnership Agreement by demonstrating good citizenship in your school and community. (You may not receive out of school suspension.)
Links for middle school students (and their parents)