A Senior Advisor is the lead member of the team helping each Scholar to navigate the college admission process. Advisor meetings begin in the summer and are regularly throughout the senior year. Seniors are expected to attend and actively participate in every meeting scheduled by their Senior Advisor.
Senior Advisors assist seniors with the following:
- confirming a target list of colleges
- discussing Early Action/Early Decision/Regular Decision application plans
- reviewing SAT/ACT results and discuss additional testing
- reviewing admission/scholarship essays
- navigating the financial aid process, including identifying scholarship opportunities
- monitoring completion of Senior Program requirements
- meeting deadlines and communicating with colleges as necessary
Click here for more details about the Senior Advisor role and responsibilities. If you are interested in becoming a Senior Advisor or have questions, please visit the Get Involved section of our site to learn more about volunteering as a Crosby Scholars Senior Advisor, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEXT STEP FOR SENIOR ADVISORS
Volunteers serving as Senior Advisors: after you have been in contact with the Crosby staff and walked through the steps of becoming a Crosby Scholars volunteer, you may initiate access to the Advisor portal and register for training.
- All Advisors need access to the Advisor portal in order to complete and submit online notes after each senior meeting. Please read these instructions on how to join the Advisor portal.
- If you have not yet received Senior Advisor training, please contact the Crosby Scholars office to schedule a session.
- After you have attended training, your Advisor portal will be fully activated and you will be granted access to your senior(s) information in the portal.
- Each month you will receive an email from our staff with Senior Advisor Meeting questions in a Google Form and a corresponding deadline. Schedule a meeting with your senior prior to the posted deadline and ask your students the questions from the Google Form during your time together. Before the deadline, please submit the responses through the Google Form.
- Continue this process with every senior to whom you are assigned each month that meetings are required.
Stay connected and up to date with current Senior program information by following us on Twitter: @RoCo_Crosby