All Juniors are required to attend one Mandatory Rising Senior Meeting this spring. The purpose of this meeting is to review the Senior Program and its requirements. Come learn how Crosby Scholars will help guide you through the college admissions process, into the student financial aid process, and finally through making the BIG decision.
To help parents/guardians understand and support the Program’s role in the college admission process, we encourage you to invite your parents/guardians to attend the mandatory Rising Senior Meeting with you. A parent may not attend in place of a student.
This is a program requirement held in the Spring semester. Juniors who do not meet this requirement will be dismissed from Crosby Scholars and will not be eligible to participate in the Program during their senior year.
- Rising Senior Meeting A Monday, Mar. 4th 6:30PM Civic Center
- Rising Senior Meeting B Wednesday, Mar. 6th 6:30PM Civic Center
- Rising Senior Meeting C Tuesday, Mar. 19th 6:30PM Civic Center
- Rising Senior Meeting D Thursday, Mar. 21st 6:30PM Civic Center
SENIOR ADVISOR SELECTION
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ THIS SECTION ABOUT YOUR SENIOR ADVISOR BEFORE REGISTERING FOR THIS EVENT
The Crosby Scholars Program requires each high school Senior to have an advisor. Your Senior Advisor meets with you throughout the school year to help you achieve your college enrollment goals. You must decide whether to self-select an advisor or be assigned an advisor by the Crosby Scholars program. You should discuss your Senior Advisor decision with your parent/guardian and receive his/her approval prior to submitting your decision on the registration form.
Please discuss these two options with your parent/guardian regarding your Senior Advisor:
- SELECT YOUR OWN SENIOR ADVISOR. If you like, you can choose your own Senior Advisor! This person can be a parent, family member, family friend, or another adult in your life whom you admire. Your advisor must be a high school graduate. The person you select must agree to be your Crosby Senior Advisor before you submit this form. (The Crosby Scholars staff will notify your advisor of the advisor application process and mandatory advisor training sessions. If your advisor does not attend a training session, you will instead be assigned an advisor from our pool of community volunteers.)
- BE ASSIGNED A SENIOR ADVISOR. If you do not self-select an advisor, you will be assigned a Senior Advisor from our pool of community volunteers. (You and your advisor will schedule individual meeting times throughout the school year based on your class schedule and you will be expected to attend each scheduled advisor meeting at your school, during the school day. You can reschedule a meeting with your Senior Advisor when necessary.)