- In 2018 graduated 146 senior Crosby Scholars;
- In 2018, several senior Crosby Scholars were valedictorians of their class after the first semester, additionally,
- 30% Scholars enrolled in the program in 6thgrade and completed the requirements each year through the senior year without interruption
College Admissions and Financial Aid
- Students in the 2018 class are enrolled in more than 45 colleges and universities Seniors and their parents attended Financial Aid Workshops with hands on assistance in completing financial aid forms
- Early financial aid planning- and college admissions workshops were attended by parents of middle school students during the Crosby Scholar Academy sessions
- 98% of our seniors enrolled in a four or two-year college
Senior Year Advising
- Senior Crosby Scholars receive materials to assist them with the college admissions and financial aid process during the senior meeting
- The Crosby Scholars program provides each scholar with a one-on-one advisor in his/her Senior year of high school to help the Senior navigate the college search, application and selection process as well as providing key insight into financial aid and scholarships. Senior Advisors are a group of trained community volunteers who work closely with the Crosby staff to stay abreast of trends in college access and admissions.
- Senior Advisors are supporting the Crosby Scholars program two-fold. They are supporting our students in their capstone year and also investing in Rowan County by assisting young people as they pursue their dreams and gain education and training for future careers.
- To learn more about becoming a Senior Advisor, please email seniors@crosbyscholarsrowan.
Crosby Scholars Academy
- Academy Sessions have included Test Taking Skills, Note Taking Skills, Speech and Communication, College Survival Skills, SAT Prep, Anger Management, Conflict Resolution, Munchies Matter, Financing a College Education, Selective College Admissions, Career Exploration, and Freshman Year 101
- College admissions and financial aid workshops offered to parents
- SAT/ACT and College Admissions sessions offered to all junior Crosby Scholars
Students in grades 6-12 have provided more than 35,000 hours of volunteer service to the community.
Student Enrichment Opportunities
- College tours for rising eighth graders, sophomores, and junior Crosby Scholars
- College Fair or campus visits are required for high school students