Crosby Scholars Last Dollar Grant
What is a Last Dollar Grant?
The Last Dollar Grant is a need-based grant opportunity just for Crosby Scholars. Crosby Scholars who complete the Crosby Scholars Program their senior year with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher are eligible to apply for a Last Dollar Grant for up to 4 years of undergraduate study. Even if the Last Dollar Grant is not awarded, students may still reapply each year.
The 2022-2023 application is now open and will close in April 2023.
The Crosby Scholars Last Dollar Grant application will be available in your Crosby Scholars Student Portal in the spring of your high school senior year. The Last Dollar Grant is not automatically awarded. Scholars must meet all criteria and apply in their Crosby Scholars Student Portal. The grant does not renew automatically. Students must reapply each year to be considered each year.
Am I eligible for a Last Dollar Grant?
To be eligible to apply for Crosby Scholars Last Dollar Grant, a student must:
- Complete all requirements of the Crosby Scholars Program
- Must have a cumulative weighted GPA of 2.0 or higher - A student who does not graduate from high school with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher, may apply once their college cumulative GPA is 2.0 or higher.
- Must demonstrate Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA
- Must be enrolling in a Full-Time Degree Seeking Program
Note: The Crosby Scholars Last Dollar Grant is need-based financial aid. A scholar must apply for financial aid by submitting a FAFSA to be considered for a Last Dollar Grant. If you are not eligible to complete a FAFSA, please contact our office directly for instructions on how to apply.
To determine the eligibility, the Crosby Scholars staff completes a need analysis form on each scholar individually.
Documents Required to Apply
Three supporting documents must be uploaded with your Last Dollar Grant application. These documents include:
- Acceptance Letter - From the institution the student will attend
- Financial Aid Award letter - From the institution the student will attend
- Student Aid Report (SAR) - Received after you submit the FAFSA form
College sophomores, juniors, and seniors should upload their college grade reports, instead of an Acceptance letter.
Helpful Tips to Apply
Watch the How to Apply for a Last Dollar Grant video for a step-by-step guide to applying.
- Use Google Chrome for your browser.
- Use a computer to apply, not your cell phone.
- Login to your Crosby Scholars Student Portal, not the Crosby Scholars Parent Portal.
- Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the application and hit the submit button to complete your Last Dollar Grant application.
- Upload files must be in PDF or DOC formats. If you have trouble uploading your PDF file, please resave the PDF and try the upload again.