Senior Advising Program
Senior Year is here and we are here to help!
Are you stressed or worried about navigating successfully through your Senior Year of high school? Do you have unanswered questions or need guidance on where to start? Don't worry! Crosby Scholars is here to help you!
We provide all of our seniors with a Senior Advisor who will work with the student one on one during their Senior Year of high school to answer any questions and make sure they are on track to reach their post-graduate goals.
What is a Senior Advisor?
Senior Advisors help address the specific needs of students through Senior year.
Senior Advisors aid the student with:
- Clarifying student's post-graduate goals
- Confirming target list of colleges
- Discussing Early Action/Early Decision/Regular Decision application plans
- Reviewing SAT/ACT results and discussing additional testing
- Recommending resources for test prep, college search, financial aid & more
- Reviewing and offering feedback on admission/scholarship essays
- Navigating the financial aid process
- Identifying scholarship opportunities for the student
- Assisting with timeline and organization to keep Seniors on track for meeting deadlines and communicating with colleges as necessary
- Connect Seniors to other resources for success (FAQs, test fee waivers, Net Price Calculators, CFNC, etc.)
- Monitoring completion of Crosby Senior Program requirements
Who are the Senior Advisors?
Our Senior Advisors come from diverse backgrounds and may offer expertise in a number of fields, but all are versed in the college admissions and financial aid practices.
All Senior Advisors must have at least a Bachelor's Degree and will be trained and monitored by the Crosby staff.
*Advisors agree to confidentiality contracts.
How does this work?
Each student will be assigned a personal Senior Advisor. During the summer before their Senior Year, they will be notified of who they've been assigned to and asked to meet with each other to touch base before the start of the student's Senior Year.
Throughout the year, Senior Advisors will meet with their student at their high school during the school day, at another public location with WiFi access depending on their agreed time preference, or virtually through Zoom.
Senior Advisors will also be available via email, text or other methods if the Senior needs additional assistance.
Senior Advisors are expected to keep up with their student throughout the year and complete meeting notes for our Crosby Senior Program Coordinator quarterly.
- Interested in becoming a Senior Advisor?
Email our Senior Program Coordinator, Cindy Livengood, with any questions about the Senior Advising Program or your Senior year at: email@example.com