The Rowan Crosby Scholars Program is a college access organization for students in 6th - 12th grade who are enrolled in the Rowan-Salisbury School system. The Program prepares students academically, financially, and personally for post-secondary opportunities.
Benefits of the Crosby Scholars program:
- COMPLETELY FREE PROGRAM!
- Offers a host of workshops, timelines, and guidance to help students and their families navigate successful college search and college enrollment or other post-secondary opportunities
- Students receive advisory services, take part in college/career exploration activities, and participate in college admission and financial aid workshops
- Offers one-on-one assistance with the college admission and financial aid process through pairing students with a personal Senior Advisor
- Provides multiple college tour options for students to attend and participate in yearly
- Informs and provides students with community service opportunities
- Students who complete the program and need financial assistance are eligible to apply for our 'Last Dollar Grant' in college for up to $1000 each year for 4 years.
- Students who graduate high school as a Crosby Scholar are eligible to apply for our scholarships and grants
Program applications are available each year to students in 6th - 10th grade. (Students have up to 10th grade to apply to be in our program).
Requirements of the Crosby Scholars program:
- Be enrolled in a public middle or high school in Rowan County
- Attend ONE Crosby Scholar Academy each school year: a series of academic and personal enrichment workshops that may include test-taking skills, study skills, time management, conflict resolution and a host of other courses to help students prepare for college admission or other post-secondary opportunities.
- Complete and submit a minimum of TWO community service hours each school year
- Refrain from being placed in out-of-school suspension
- Speak with four college reps at a college fair or visit four college campuses and submit the college fair/college visit form by their senior year
- Participate in other mandatory requirements as assigned by grade level