Good eats, good music, GREAT cause!
A night to support building a college-going culture in Rowan County.
Save the Date for the second annual BBQ, Bands, & Boots event on Friday, September 25, 2015 in the F&M Trolley Barn, 6-11pm.
Tickets - $45/person, or $80/couple*
- Jim "N Nicks slow-smoked BBQ pork and chicken, sides, and dessert
- Headline band - The Railsplitters (from Boulder, Colorado, the Railsplitters are a high-energy quintet who offers a refreshing range of bluegrass and beyond-bluegrass music)
- Beer, wine, and Cheerwine
- Bourbon on the Bread Truck - back by popular demand, featuring top-shelf bourbons
- Music performance by the Beamus Kids with mandolin sensation Jonah Horton
- Along with a few surprises
Funds raised from the BBQ, Bands, & Boots event will be used to create the Crosby Scholars Last Dollar Grant program. A Last Dollar Grant is need-based financial aid awarded to graduating Crosby Scholars who demonstrate remaining financial need once their college of choice has awarded financial aid. Crosby Scholars who complete the program their senior year with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher are eligible to apply for a Last Dollar Grant of up to $1,000 for college, each year for up to 4 years. In June 2016, the first senior class of Rowan Crosby Scholars will graduate. By sponsoring BBQ, Bands, & Boots, you will help make the dream of going to college a reality for those students with unmet financial need.
Be a sponsor and help transform the lives of our students and their families! Call our office at 704-762-3512 for sponsor levels and benefits.
Our first event was a great success! Thank you to all who supported BBQ, BANDS, & BOOTS to benefit Rowan Crosby Scholars. Click here to see some highlights of the evening's festivities.