The key to the college admission process is to stay organized. Seniors should maintain a calendar and follow the timelines below. Seniors will receive a monthly reminder in their student portal to follow the timeline. Each month we will post a timeline to guide you through the month's activities. This guide will help you to stay organized.
- Read the February senior e-newsletter from Crosby Scholars
- Check your e-mail and Crosby portal regularly for important program updates
- If you did not have a Senior Advisor meeting in January, please contact your Advisor and plan to meet by the 28th of February
- Review the list of remaining Senior Academy dates and make sure you attend 2 this year to fulfill the Academy requirement – consider signing up for the online Academy option
- Complete 2 hours of community service and submit your community service form to our office ASAP
- If you have not attended a college fair, you must attend 4 college rep visits at your high school, visit 4 physical college campus locations, or attend the National College Fair in Charlotte in March. Contact your guidance office to find out any upcoming dates colleges are visiting your campus. Get the representative's signature and submit to our office after attending four sessions. If you do not receive college fair credit, you will be dismissed from Crosby Scholars.
College Entrance Exams
- Email your latest scores to Crosby Scholars when they arrive
- Review SAT and ACT scores & finalize plans to retake either
- Prepare for the Feb 11 ACT, if taking it
Colleges & Apps
- Finish submitting admission applications in time to meet deadlines
- Request your electronic High School transcripts through CFNC to accompany college applications to NC schools
- Request official test scores from SAT and/or ACT to be sent directly to your colleges, if you haven’t yet
- Continue to identify what documents are required vs. optional to complete each admission application
- Notify us when you are granted admission to colleges which you have applied
- When you make your college choice, update your college name in the Crosby portal
- Confirm financial aid forms required at each college on your target list
- If you have not, create an FSA ID (Federal Student Aid ID) before you file the FAFSA for yourself and your parent(s)
- Apply for financial aid using the FAFSA, ASAP!!!
- Submit your CSS/PROFILE for financial aid (if required by your target colleges - like at Davidson, Duke, Elon, UNC-Chapel Hill, and Wake Forest)
- Review priority financial aid filing dates for schools you have applied to – many are by March 1st
- Review special campus visitation days at schools on your target list and schedule a visit
- Review your high school’s scholarship bulletin and continue to research and apply for scholarships
- Contact Crosby Scholars staff for essay review or mock interviews
- Keep working hard in school – this year still matters!
- Stay organized so that you can enjoy your senior year, too
- Notify us of any special recognitions you receive - we want to share in your successes